Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thailand Part 3

And for our final evening in Thailand, we tuk-tukked over to Patong Beach (think Miami South Beach meets New Orleans Bourbon Street). Before heading into the craziness, Kyle and I lit a traditional Thai lantern. It sailed out over the sea with our wishes for a prosperous year with it.

Brooke & Kyle with our "love lantern"


Thai woman claps as our love lantern is stratosphere-bound


And now, I should mention the infamous Thai "lady boys" who were prancing all over the Patong Beach area. Apparently, Thailand is home to hundreds of transgendered people and is the place for all international people to have this specific surgery. Fascinating really - trying to decipher who is an original girl and who used to be a boy, but is now a girl. I swear, they have it down to an art, because you really can't tell which is which. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures to prove my point. Trust me, I stared at the lady boys plenty, but I couldn't bring myself to be as rude as to outright take their pictures.


Brooke & Kyle toasting our last night in Thailand


And then, we were back in Baku, where Kyle's suitcase didn't show up for 2 days. And when it finally did, there is no delivery service, so back out to the airport he went. As for me, I had a stow-away lizard jump out of my suitcase during unpacking. He was small, only about 4 inches long. Last time I saw him, he was making a mad dash under my feet while I was going to the bathroom. Think I didn't scream like a little girl? He took cover between the wall and bath tub. I hope he likes his new home in Baku.

No comments:

Post a Comment