Monday, March 14, 2011

Fast Food

I aim to please. I take request for topics. This one is for my Aunt Vicki. She asked about the fast food options in Baku.

You guessed it, there is a McDonald's. Two of them actually. I believe it is the most maddening place in Baku, well, besides visa check at the airport. Not to beat a dead horse, but...there are no lines to order food. Everyone, and I mean like 30 people, are gathered around the counter, elbows out, pushing and attempting to shout out their order to any employee who will listen. The menu is comparable to those in the USA. I personally like the McFlarries (that is the correct AZ spelling).


Besides the golden arches, there are "doners," which are little stands offering take-away food only. Usually kolaches, little pizzas, limitless bread products, fresh juice and a local fav, sliced lamb right off of the leg, which you put in a pita-like bread. Quite delicious.


Brooke with a "doner" on the left and a juice stand on the right.

1 comment:

  1. ....and your Aunt Vicki thanks you so much!
    Have you had a yogurt sandwich - I did in Israel and it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete