Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bragging Rights

I feel that it would be silly of me to brag about all of the mundane milestones that Annabelle has achieved over the past 3 months.  I also think it would be futile to mention all of the reasons why I love being a mom.  It just seems a bit pointless simply because it's everything that everyone told me it would be.  Everyone said that I couldn't possibly understand until I was personally experiencing it and turns out, they were right.  As an active, young married woman, I often wondered, "Why in the world would anyone want to disrupt their lives by having a child?"  And then we did and now I know.  It's like I now belong to some secret club.  The all-knowing mommy club.  And I'm now privilege to some amazing truths, which I had previously believed to only be cliche:

Children bring depth to your life.
It's thrilling to see the world through a child's eyes.
Watching a child blossom is incredibly rewarding.
You never knew that you could love something so much until you are holding your baby.

And I'm certain that there are many more that I have yet to experience.

Oh, and Annabelle is already an over achiever.  She has a tooth at only 3 months old. 



First time at the pool with Aunt Shawna.
Mastering the art of sitting up/propped up.
Looking a bit like Cee Lo.  Too bad her chair doesn't revolve.
Watch me outgrow my rugby bear.  June 1, Annabelle, 3 months old.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE everything about this post! So glad you're enjoying mommyhood... how could you not with a lil' one that cute?!?! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete