Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Anyone's Guess

It was bound to happen.  My doctor has restricted my exercise to walking only.  WALKING ONLY!  I won't bore/gore you with the details, but the baby could arrive any day now and there's still 6 days left to be considered a full-term pregnancy, so WALKING ONLY.  My 2 kickboxing, 1 cycle and 1 boot camp classes are being covered by non-pregnant instructors and tennis has been put on an indefinite hold.  The dogs and I have been taking lazy strolls around our neighborhood.  The Oklahoma weather has been uncharacteristically warm for February and my running shoes are calling for me to lace up.  But, I have my eye on the prize - a healthy baby, so I'm WALKING ONLY.

The problem is that since my schedule has been reluctantly cleared, I now have waaaay to much free time to contemplate the impending transition into motherhood.  I'm anxious, scared, worried, excited, did I mention scared?  So much is about to change.  Am I ready for this?  I wouldn't say that I've enjoyed pregnancy, but I haven't minded it either.  My favorite thing is feeling her kick and turn and hiccup.  It's been pretty amazing.

It's anyone's guess as to when Annabelle will make her grand appearance.  My hair was recently hi-lighted, my toes were treated to a pedi and a couple of hours in the sunshine rouged my cheeks.  I've bathed the dogs, dusted the ceiling fans and stocked up on paper towels.   My hospital bag is packed.  The nursery is finished.  So, I'm good, right? I guess all I need is the baby.  It's a waiting game.  I'm ready to play.  I think.

1 comment:

  1. Excited for you!! You are going to be a WONDERFUL mother :) Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete